Re: How to capture bootup messages?

Greg wrote:

Paulo M C Aragão wrote:

Colin Ingram wrote on Jun, 15:

This is curious. I'm running Debian stock kernel 2.4.27-2-686 and
neither:

CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY_COUNT=256

I don't think these are needed or that they are the problem

seem to be configured (checked /boot/config-2.4.27-2-686), but bootlogd
works for me.

Do you use udev?

My ignorance: how do I check if I am using devfs or udev ?

Paulo

# file  /dev/.udevdb /dev/.devfsd
[but that's quick&dirty, does it matter?]

It matters because if Paulo or anyone else is not using udev then they want be affected by the udev/bootlogd init script bug. Mainly because they want have /etc/init.d/udev on their system which umounts /dev/pts so bootlogd can no longer work. I can't believe no one else has this problem. Is there something else wrong with my system.