Re: Newbie needs help fine tuning sarge

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:20:53AM +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:

> You will probably also want to add these to your sources.list:
>
> # mplayer, acroread, LAME, etc.
> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
>
> # Skype, Java 5, Real Player, Flash, etc.
> deb http://archive.unable-to-package.org/debian-utp sarge main contrib non-free
> restricted
>
> And in case you want to use the newest Xfce (the best Desktop ever *g*):
>
> # XFce 4.2+
> deb http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main

A word of warning: The quality of level third-party repositories varies
greatly.  The debian-marillat repo is always top notch (Christian
Marillat is an actual Debian Developer who provides some packages that
cannot go into Debian-proper).  The others I personally don't know
anything about, but you should exercise care.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr