Problems in linux software dev at enterprise level

Hi,
  I dont know whether this is an appropriate forum to open this thread. I am an ardent admirer of linux and debian in particular. Earlier I used to work on FC 1, recently I swithced to debian. God, it is loads of fun. I am working for a major software company in India. But whenever I talk of using linux for delivering applications for clients, strong objections crop up from the senior members in the team. The most common points of apprehensions are like
1. Lack of linux awareness among the clients, generally the clients are very hard to convince on TCO Vs legacy issues
2. Lack of support from within the company for linux migration, marketability etc.
3. Lack of pool of skilled programmers in this domain
etc.
what I want to ask over here is, 'Is there any systematic approach for embracing the linux system for third party application development and support'. Also I want to know of firms specializing in support for open source software for development firms. I think there is a huge potential for linux in India, but only with the right impetus is provided,  which at this point of time, I think is missing.
with  thanks
Shatam
New Delhi