Sarge Upgrade Problem Webmail and Imap

Hi

I upgraded our server to sarge. I was running
* Postfix, Squirrelmail (& qpopper)

The upgrade went almost perfect. Only a few small glitches (e.g. the removed
php-gd2 package) could be fixed very quickly. Our website is running a lot
faster than before (thanks to mysql v4, i believe). I also installed the new
* Amavisd-new
* spamassassin
packages, which seems to be working fine at the moment.

The only thing which is (still) broken is imap and webmail.
When i try to log in i get the error message (in squirrelmail):
---
ERROR:
Bad request: The IMAP server is reporting that plain text logins are
disabled. Using CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 authentication instead may work.
Also, the use of TLS may allow SquirrelMail to login. Please contact your
system administrator and report this error.
---

I am not very familiar with (very) advanced server configuration (mail &
apache), but i do understand very good the basics and basic security issues.

What is the best (easiest?) way to fix this?

Kind Regards
Damiaan Peeters