Re: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !

Kevin Mark wrote:
> Brian Kimsey-Hickman wrote:
> > Removing xserver-rage128 ...
> > sed: can't read /etc/X11/Xserver: No such file or directory
> > dpkg: error processing xserver-rage128 (--remove):
> >   subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
>
> I'd look at the post removal script and see if you can:
> 1) find out how to fix the problem to allow the script to work on a
> re-run
> (these are in /var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-rage128.*)
> 2) make a hack to allow you to remove the package and then reinstall it
> after every other package is upgrade WITH APTITUDE.

I ran into a problem with libapache-mod-perl from a hacked
installation that had a similar error.  It was failing the call to
apache-modconf.  I worked around it by editing the prerm script to
avoid generating the error.  This allowed the package to be removed.

You may need to do the same by editing the script and remove the 'set
-e' option from the script or add 'bad-command || true' or add an
'exit 0' in an appropriate place.  Since you are removing the package
this will be okay, note the problem, and then install the package
again later.

Bob