Re: Debian Sarge DVD Download Limit?

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 00:13, Glyn Tebbutt wrote:
> I've never tried jigdo, what's the speed like?
> I was aware of the bug, the ie server doesn't seem to have those image's
> , ill search around, i dont really want to download cd images as ive got
> a dvd burner, might as well make use of it :)

As jigdo uses the packages-servers, the bandwidth should be more than enough.

Since you seem concerned about speeding up the download-process, I suggest you
use a smaller image, and then download the packages on-demand, afterwards.
It'd save Debian a lot of traffic.
That is, you can probably easily cope with CD1 and an Internet connection
after the initial install.

I personally have never used the second DVD of any two-DVD set I've downloaded
anyway.

Regards, Anders Breindahl.