Re: Request for window manager recommendations

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 02:00:18PM -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

Do you have a real name?  I always like to know who I'm talking to.

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:56:46 +0100
> Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> wrote:
> > Does that mean that xfce4 is a good compromise then between both of
> > these concepts given you can install as many or as few of the
> > components as you like once you have the basic libraries installed? ;)
> Having been a loyal IceWM user since Potato was new I recently
> switched to Xfce4 to see what it could do for me.  Well, IceWM has
> /never/ crashed on me in all that time.  Last week Xfce4 crashed on me
> five times.  Other than that, yes, it's a good compromise*.  I've gone
> back to the tried and true IceWM.

How did you manage that?  The panel plugins aren't sandboxed which can
cause problems if the plugins have bugs.  Which ones did you have
installed?

I must admit I didn't see your bug report in the BTS despite getting all
of them for all the packages.  Perhaps you can point me at it?

Simon.

--
[ "Rule six:  There is no... rule six." - Monty Python                 ]
        Black Cat Networks.  http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/