Re: Top posting

On Monday 13 June 2005 02:45 pm, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Proofreading is a good thing.  Why I never do it until the message is
> delivered back to me is beyond me.
>
> Steve Lamb wrote:
> > Point is that since it is a matter of technical detail, not moral nor
> > subjective as all points in favor of interspersing and against top/bottom
> > posting are *objective within the context of the forum under discussion*
> > anyone who does adhere to them after being properly educated is sloppy or
> > lazy.
>
>     Point is that since it is a matter of technical detail, not moral nor
> subjective, as /most/ points in favor of interspersing and against
> top/bottomg posting are *objective within the context of the forum under
> discussion*. Anyone who does /not/ adhere to them after being properly
> educated is sloppy or lazy.
>
>     2 words, 2 stinking words make all the difference.  *sigh*

Actually, they are not as objective as one would think.  Putting a few
sentences together in reverse order is not a comparison to top posting.
Comparing paragraph structure to a post is not necessarily analogous.  There
are many reasons, in writing, to start with a conclusion.

As to the "as /most/ points", I have yet to see anyone saying that show that
they have the least insight into learning and perception styles and how
different types of minds/personalities read and perceive information.  All
I've seen is a bunch of people who say, essentially, how it makes sense to
them, and since it makes sense to them, it *has* to be right.

Hal