Re: Top posting

On Monday 13 June 2005 04:48 am, Basajaun wrote:
<snip>
> > Such
> > people had the opinion rock was morally wrong and inferior to all other
> > music.  They may or may not have been right, but the point is it was only
> > their opinion and is generally the opinion of each generation about the
> > music of the younger generations.
>
> It is a strawman argument. I support bottom-posting because it is
> better (well, yes, "I think" it is better), not because it is common
> practice. The rock 'n' roll is a cultural activity, and has nothing to
> do with efficiency or correctness.

It is not a strawman argument.  My point is that you have put yourself in a
position to say, "This is right," you are making an absolute moral judgement
for all people and all time.  Throughout your posts, until here, you say
non-top posting is right.  Just like those who said their music was right and
others were wrong, or those who say their religion is the one true one and
others are wrong.  You are assuming, in most of what you write, that your
view is absolutely right.  In other words, you are either incapable of, or
refuse to understand that your view, as for all of us, is relative and
subjective.  You, and I, are not in a position to make the absolute objective
judgement about what is right and what isn't.

Yet you do so in almost all your statements.

Finally you say, "well, yes, 'I think' it is better".  That's the point.  You
THINK it is better.  You THINK it is right.  Yet in all your posts, you
essentially assume what you think is right is right.  My point is that you,
and most arguing against top posting are assuming you have an absolute moral
high ground, when there is really no proof you do.

Hal