Re: Where did the unstable branch of the debian archives (ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US/) go?

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 04:38 -0700, Ibrahim Mubarak wrote:
--snip--
> For a few days now, I noticed that the non-US packages on the mirrors I
> use for apt/aptitude/synaptic are unreachable. I use
> ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org for everything. I just checked the site itself,
> and there is no unstable folder in
> ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists . I also tried
> ftp2.fr.debian.org, but got the same results. I randomly checked a
> german morror, and the unstable branch is there.

non-US has been removed as of the Sarge release. The United States
relaxed the legal restrictions that made non-US necessary a few years
ago, so all of the packages from non-US have been moved into the main
archive. Someone on one of the lists I'm on posted a link about this
recently but I can't seem to find it at the moment. If anyone else has
the link handy it would be appreciated.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837