Re: Request for window manager recommendations

--- Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 03:38:04PM -0700, herminio@gmail.com wrote:
> > Not so keen on KDE/GNOME because as I understand they are somewhat
> > CPU-intensive and take longer to load than the traditional WMs.
> >
> > A personal recommendation of your favourite window manager would be
> > much appreciated.
>
> openbox -- it's very small, fast and configurable.

We get this question from time to time, and all the replies are usually
meaningless, because of the biasedness in the reply.  What would
distinguish it, from Just Another Poll, would be the likely things you
want from other WMs that your current DE/WM does not provide.

That said, I personally use fvwm as my WM and have done so for a number
of years.  I don't need nor want the bloat and hideousness that GNOME
and KDE seem hell-bent on running.  But then they're DEs and not WMs.

Perhaps the best place to look would be here:

http://www.xwinman.org

it has to be my most favourite website.

-- Thomas Adam.