Re: /etc/debian_version for Etch

Jerome BENOIT(jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net) is reported to have said:
> Hello All,
>
> I have just migrate to Etch, and I have a naive question.
> My current /etc/debian_version file still contains "3.1",
> which is valid release for Sarge:
> 1] what must /etc/debian_version contain for an Etch box ?
> 2] does it really matter ?

apt-cache policy base-files
base-files:
  Installed: 3.1.2
  Candidate: 3.1.2
  Version Table:
     3.1.4 0
        300 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
 *** 3.1.2 0
        500 http://http.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.1 0
        500 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1 (20040919)] unstable/main Packages

Note that I am runing Debian Testing

Wayne

--
Real software engineers don't debug programs, they verify correctness.
This process doesn't necessarily involve execution of anything on a