Re: Gwebdec

En/La David R. Litwin ha escrit, a 12/06/05 06:04:
> Hello you Useful Persons:

Dear David,
I realise you're new to Debian so here are some tips.
1. When someone replies to your query, please don't write to her/him
directly but rather reply back to the list. That way everyone benefits
from the exchange.
2. I downloaded the file you mentioned and looked at the README myself
(that's what I suggested you do earlier). In the file it says:
"GWebDec-0.22 depends on at least
WebMan-0.22.0   (please read new example config file supplied AND below)
WebDec-0.44.3 (minor bug fix release of webdec 0.44)
GTK 2.0 or later
GLIB 2.0 or later
GDK 2.0 (not sure if this is seperate to the GTK library)
(if your technical, GLIB needs to be built with thread support).
Please have these installed before you start installing gwebdec."
Now the output of your make includes:
gcc -O2 `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -I../include -I../weblib    -c -o
delete.o delete.c
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
So you need to satisfy the package dependencies before attempting to
compile the source.

Read up on apt-get or aptitude or wajig if you don't know how to do this
already.
Cheers,
Jonathan