Re: Top posting

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:44:04PM -0400, Jin Juku wrote:

Answer: Because it makes conversations difficult to follow.

> I guess I really am a newbie, because I have no idea what this
> top-posting business is supposed to mean ... we're not supposed to
> send new, clean messages to the list ...?

Question: Why is top-posting annoying?

In private email, it's likely that the recipient of your message will
remember what you're replying to, but on a public email list or a
newsgroup it's much easier to follow conversations if the new text is
typed after the old text, not before it. People read from top to
bottom, not from bottom to top.

There are lots of FAQs about this aspect of netiquette.

--
PJR :-)