Re: woody->sarge failed: out pf disk space

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 04:46:22PM +0100, peter colton wrote:
> did you clear var out for apt.
>  apt-get clean
>  apt-get autoclean

I would vote for apt-get autoclean here. 'clean' removes all package
files. 'autoclean' only removes files that cannot be downloaded
anymore. So autoclean would keep the packages that he just downloaded.

On the other hand, all the woody packages can still be downloaded too
off course, so autoclean might not help that much. Well, it is safe to
try autoclean first. If that doesn't help enough a full clean may
help.

BTW, I am guessing here that you will need to let apt download all
packages again as not all of them are installed correctly now. But it
may be that most of them are fine.

Oh, you may want to look for large files on your system and see if you
still need them or can loose some of them. The following will find all
files larger than 10000 kilobytes (say 10 megabytes).

find / -size +10000k

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill