Re: Top posting

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 08:09:12PM -0700, Roger B.A. Klorese  wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
> >However, given the that majority
> >of people invloved in the actual *discussion* are reading it a mail or
> >news reader, it is better to cater to that group.  The fact these
> >discussion are archived on the web is really a side effect.
> >-
>

> The majority of people involved in the actual discussion are involved in the
> actual discussion and don't need to be reminded ten minutes later what was just
> posted.

OK.  I can buy that.  I'm not sure that it holds the majority of the
time, but I'm sure it holds quite a bit.  One example where it doesn't
hold is when I sit down at my computer for a few minutes, scan the list
mails and fire off a quick one.  I may not comeback until hours later,
maybe even a full day.  In that case, it would be good.  Now, if anyone
on the list starts adjusting the amount of quoted material based on how
long I'm away from the list, I will start to wonder how you obtained the
information :-)

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez