Re: Top posting

Jan Leewe Behrendt <leewe.behrendt@web.de>:
>  Am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2005 21:18 schrieb Jacob S:
> > On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:34:53 -0400
> >
> > Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com> wrote:
> > >
> > seem to be as capable of learning things as any other user. I am not
> > saying we should flame anybody that does top post, but I do not think we
> > need to stop educating them, either.
>
>  p.s.: Now this is the right way to answer isn't it? :)

Mostly, yes.  It's just as important to trim.  Leave enough of the
post you're replying to to give context and cut the rest.  There's
always ways to find the parent article if you trim too much.

(*)           http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling   Linux Counter #80292
- -           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html