Re: kernel panich VFS unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,1)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:55:40PM -0400, Craig Russell wrote:

> Still having the same problem. Any suggestions are welcome.  I am continuing to
> experiment but since it takes 30 minutes + for each compilation if I'm missing
> something stupid I'd really appreciate the help.  I've done this on 2.4 kernels
> several times (with issues, but managed to figure them out via google archives,
> etc.) so I'm guessing that I'm missing something that is specific to the 2.6
> kernel.

May I recommend that while you are tweaking your kernel, you forgo any
sort of automatic installation type stuff (e.g., don't use
kernel-package) and simply tweak and remake without cleaning.  It will
save you lots of time in waiting around.  Once you have it figured out,
you can then create a proper packaged kernel and delpoy that.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr