Re: Top posting (a different point of view)

On Friday 10 June 2005 04:01 pm, Thomas Stivers wrote:
><snip>
> While I can perhaps understand posting a "That does the job" message for
> archival purposes. I really don't understand why anyone would send a
> post containing "thank you," "I agree," 'no," "yes," Etc. to a list of
> thousands. These one-liners contribute nothing but usually have a large
> block of post following them wasting space and time. I'm not saying you
> shouldn't be thankful, agreeable or whatever, but does the world need to
> read it.

I can see various reasons for the different comments you mentioned, depending
on the context of the thread, it might help if someone involved makes it
clear s/he agrees with a particular piece of advice or feels it is correct.
A "no" could have a similar useful message.  A "thank you" could also be,
aside from just plain courtesy, a way to indicate that a solution works, but
that may be getting nit-picky on phrasing, since it would indicate the same
as "It works!"

Hal