Re: i think I switched to Etch without knowing it

On (10/06/05 13:13), Marty wrote:
> Colin Ingram wrote:
>
> >On a side note: I installed sarge fresh a couple of months ago and I
> >didn't have a /etc/apt/apt.conf file or /etc/apt/preferences.  I created
> >both by hand.
> >

> This is all very mysterious to me, all these people lacking an apt.conf
> file.
> I wonder how apt can function without it?  In particular, how do you specify
> your Debian version?!

I think it's mainly for situations where you have multiple versions in
your sources.list and need to specify which is preferred.  If you only
have one  version in the list thene it is superfluous.

Someone with greater experience may correct me ;)

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...