Re: Top posting (a different point of view)

I'm an incurable bottom-poster; q.v.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:20:11PM +0200, Mark wrote:

> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Thursday June 9 2005 5:10 pm, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> >
> >>I completely agree.  Whoever  (the attribution is not clear to me)
> >>wrote that crap about top posters vs bottom posters is an arrogant
> >>idiot.  Processing information in reverse order  is much more
> >>efficient
> >

> > Do you drive in reverse on the freeway, too?  After all, doing it
> > backwards is more efficient.
>
> Wait a minute, When you read a book. You start on page one and read
> right to the back of the book (Or bottom of the book) when you
> finish. Right?
>
> Same (should) go for emails, you start at the top with reading, and
> end up at the bottom where youre email answer begins.
>
> Is that not the best way of making it easier for other people to
> understand your email?
>
> Still, bottom posters may be fighting a lost battle. In all the
> companies i've worked for so far, there has not been a single
> company with a "bottom" post policy of any kind.
>
> These companies are usually the "exchange server" kind...
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Conflicting needs:
  * to have all the quotes and replies in textual order, so you can
read it through in context (especially important for those reading
an archive, or jumping into an ongoing conversation)
  * to see the reply first (for those who have just finished reading
the previous message)

It seems this is a problem resolvable by technology.  Set the mail
reader to start a message display at the bottom of the message.

Does anyone know a mail reader that does this?

-- hendrik