Re: dpkg status (deinstall) question (SOLVED)

Maurits van Rees <maurits@vanrees.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:20:29AM +0100, Chris Boot wrote:

Maurits van Rees wrote:

So how *do* you purge packages that are already removed? The manual
way would be to just fire up dselect, hunt down those packages and
press underscore to select them for purging. Is there another more
automated way?

Maybe:

dpkg --get-selections | grep deinstall | cut -f1 | xargs dpkg -P

Ah yes, that works like a charm. Thanks Chris!

That works for me too. Thanks, Chris, and you, too, Maurits. You solved this problem between yourselves before any of your postings got back to me through the digest.

I really hate it when I get answers in one digest to a question that I dont see until two digests later. The postings that solved this came in that way for me -- all out of order.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com