Re: squirrelmail+sendmail

On Thursday 09 June 2005 19:31, Raquel Rice wrote:
> > Now the only major problem that remained is Squirrelmail.
> > When there is no new mail - a user can log in and browse the folders
> > and even  send mail. The moment a new mail for that user arrives
> > squirrelmail displays  an Internal error
> > ERROR : Could not complete request.
> > Query: SELECT "INBOX"
> > Reason Given: Internal error occured. Refer to server log for more
> > information.
> > The log says:
> >
> > Jun  9 19:15:14 mail1 imap-login: Login: chaves [127.0.0.1]
> > Jun  9 19:15:14 mail1 imap(chaves): open(/var/mail/chaves.lock) failed:
> >  Permission denied
>
> <snip>
>
> I'm running Woody + sendmail with Dovecot from backports.org.  Just a few
> days ago I made the switch from qpopper to Dovecot.  Yesterday I installed
> SquirrelMail and all seems fine.
> I have Dovecot setup to use IMAP and POP3.
>
> The problem I see with your setup ... and I could be totally off-base ...
> is that your mail is owned by root.  Of course, permission is denied.  My
> setup may be wrong, but permissions on my user's mail is user.mail .
> Raquel

This is what bothered me for some time. How can I change this behaviour?
My setup:
Sendmail receives messages - passes them to a Kaspersky Antivrus Milter to be
examined - then delivered to procmail that invokes spamassassin for further
examination.
Which program do I have to tell to change ownership to mail.

Regards

Chavdar Videff