Re: DVORAK

Clinton V. Weiss wrote:
How effective is Dvorak in programming enviroments? Particularly Java, are the key layouts any better?

Speed in programming is more a function of the language you use and the tools with which you program said language. A cheap explination, whom do you think would be faster at programming Java: person in notepad or person in vim (regardless of keyboard layout). VIM's syntax highlighting, brace matching, auto-indention and a slew of other features would make that person far faster at coding even if they were 1/2 the typist of notepad user. Worrying about layout speed in relatition to coding is contrary to the old addage; it's working harder, not smarter.