Re: grub-install /dev/hda1

Le Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:07:10 +0200, Vegard|drageV a écrit :

> The two harddrives seems to be correct. Is it advisable to add my
> cdrom and cdwriter to this list. I am not using scsi emulation. If
> this is the case ishdc=hd2 and hdd=hd3?

Don't bother . This device map is there to help grub find where you want
it "installed" (what will be the boot device).
As one cannot install grub on a cdrom via grub-install it is not needed.

Though you might want to install it on a zip disk or floppy someday. Then
you 'll have to add them to the device map .

Regards
Alban