Re: Will sarge automatically upgrade to etch?

Mike Oliver wrote:
Sorry if I sound a little confused; it's only because I am.
If I have "testing" in my sources.list, will that automatically
upgrade me to etch, when it becomes available?  (And when will

It should.

that be?)  As a precaution I copied my whole installation to

Quite soon, when the first post-Sarge changes are uploaded.

another partition and edited sources.list on *that* partition
to point specifically to sarge, just in case etch breaks something
when it comes through.  Then fiddled with grub to make sure
I could boot the copied partition.

There's something else -- I don't understand why the last
line in my sources.list points to stable.  Is that just
a mistake?   Here's my sources.list:

Because Sarge is now stable.

  deb http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
  deb-src http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
  deb http://debian.secsup.org/ testing main non-free contrib
  deb-src http://debian.secsup.org/ testing main non-free contrib
  deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

Hoping someone can lend me a clue or two...