Re: Installing redhat 7.2 under debian

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:40:03 +0800, Gokul Poduval writes:
>I have a new machine on which I have installed Debian Sarge. I need to run
>some legacy applications that run only on redhat 7.2 (due to the stupid g++-
>2.96). Redhat 7.2 wont install on my machine because of lack of drivers. Is
>there anyway I can install a redhat 7.2 environment in a directory under
>debian ?

Short of running vmware, I'd guess that should be quite possible with
 Linux VServer, from <http://linux-vserver.org/short+presentation>:

First for those who still haven't heard of the vserver project: It allows
 you to run linux inside linux: Any distributions inside any distributions.
 Each virtual server has its own packages, its own services, its own users
 and is confined to using some IP numbers only and some area(s) of the
 file system. You can think of them as virtual machines.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /