Re: easiest way to upgrade woody to sarge?

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:40:41PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> I've got a Debian Woody system that's been running decently for over a month
> now, and would like to update it to Sarge. I know it's been covered before,
> but is there an authoritative document on updating? I can only access the
> box remotely - it's hosted at the datacenter at which I work, and I don't
> typically have time to mess with it at work, although I could hook up a
> monitor/keyboard if I hosed it badly enough - so I'm wondering if there is
> a procedure known to work on remote servers without much trouble.
>
> The hardware is nothing exotic; Athlon XP2200+, 1GB ram, 80GB ATA100 HD.

Remote upgrades are a piece of cake.  If you intend to upgrade the
kernel, I recommend you do it seperately *after* upgrading everything
else.  Read the release notes in their entirety before jumping in.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr