Confusing email from MySQL corrupt table check

Every time I restart MySQL (mysql-server-4.1) on any of several of
my sarge machines I get the following email:

/usr/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 1102: Incorrect database name 'DATADIR.link' when selecting the database

 Improperly closed tables are also reported if clients are accessing
 the tables *now*. A list of current connections is below.

+----+------------------+-----------+----+---------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------+
| Id | User             | Host      | db | Command | Time | State | Info             |
| 1  | system user      |           |    | Connect | 1    | Connecting to master|                  |
| 2  | system user      |           |    | Connect | 1    | Has read all relay log; waiting for the slave I/O thread to update it |                  |
| 7  | debian-sys-maint | localhost |    | Query   | 0    | | show processlist |
Uptime: 1  Threads: 1  Questions: 9  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 11  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 0  Queries per second avg: 9.000

Any idea what that is about?  I don't seem to have any corrupt
tables and my MySQL servers are running fine as far as I can tell..

Thanks,
Andy