Re: New Debian Package Customization HOWTO

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 08:53:06PM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
> I read it and it seems great! Haven't had a change to build anything yet
> but I'm sure it will help me when I do. a minor typo, search for
> 'since'. As someone commented, I believe pbuilder does not clean the
> chroot. for slow archs like arm and m68k, it would be inefficient to
> rebuild all the dependencies for building KDE on arm after every change,
> as an example.  And I dont think someone making a personal packages
> would want to waste the time to clean it.  Keep up the great work,
> you'll be a DD before Etch (at least I hope so) is released!
> Cheers,
> Kev

Thanks for the feedback. Someone cleared it up for me in IRC in
#debian-devel.  I have updated the HOWTO.

As far as for building personal packages, you are right.  But, as the
default pbuilder behavior is to wipe out the temporary chroot after
every session, that should work for most people.  I haven't read far
enough into the docs to find out how to get it preserve the installed
packages, but that is because I like being able to build in a clean
environment every time and don't have an inclination to change it.  But,
your point is taken.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez