Re: How to move debian from one drive to another and keep it working?

Lee Braiden <jel@tundra.ath.cx> wrote:
> - specifies stdin, or stdout as files, where the | pipe character sends data.  You only need to
> use it if you use the f flag, which requires a filename.
>
> Combos along the lines of tar cv srcdir | (cd dest; tar xv) will work, too.

Thanks for the clarification.  I seem to remember using 'tar' without the '-' character in the past, but I noticed the Debian man pages were using the hypen, and thought it might be causing my problems.  Evidently not.

Actually, the copying of /mnt on top of itself seems to have been the real culprit.

Thanks again,
Dave W.