Re: How to move debian from one drive to another and keep it working?

Jacob S <stormspotter@6Texans.net> wrote:

> You might want to try reading the Howto on upgrading hard drives.

> More specifically, step 7 lists several different ways to copy an

> installation from one drive to another and mentions which directories

> to exclude.

> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/index.html

> HTH,

> Jacob

   Ahhh!  Beautiful!

  I wish you had seen my original post a few days ago and told me about this then.  Much obliged!  I think I will reformat the new partitions and try this.  I was getting some out of space errors the other way, once I got it to (almost) work.

Thanks,

Dave W.