Software Raid Partition'd?

Hello,

I'm configuring a new Sarge box with Sofware Raid 5 using
4 Hard disks.
I'm wondering what is the best way to partition the array?
For example:

Is it best to just create 1 Raid 5 mounted on /
or
Create several Raid 5 arrays and split them into
/
/home
/var
/usr

Note: Will use a Raid 0 mounted on /boot

This server will be used with about 200 workstations serving file, web and
email.
I guess I'm basically asking if it makes a performance boost to parition
the drives up, or just have one mega drive mounted on /

Thanks for your advice,

Cheers,
Mike,
PS, please CC me as I'm not on the list. Thx.