Re: cdrecord -scanbus giving strange results.

Vegard|drageV wrote:
> hjem:/home/vegard# cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI
> cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
>        0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'CDU5211         ' 'YYS2' Removable CD-ROM
>        0,1,0     1) 'LITE-ON ' 'LTR-48126S      ' '2QS5' Removable CD-ROM
>
> If I specify the device, it seems to work , but k3b, xcdroast and burn
> do not burn cd's at all (are they dependent that -scanbus works
> without dev-specs?).

What I did to fix k3b was to put dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 in as a user
parameter for cdrecord, and run k3b via sudo. Looking at the log,
for some reason k3b wants to use "dev=/dev/hdc" without any means
to change it. Now, the log shows  "dev=/dev/hdc  dev=ATAPI:0,0,0"
as the command line being used and cdrecord uses the latter in
burning.

Use sudo (set it up for "NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/k3b"), and remove
any suid bits on the cdrecord binaries. I use kernel.org 2.6.11.10
and all is well.