Re: Listing packages oldest to newest

Shidai Liu:

> How to list all the packages installed in the system

You are talking about the packages you have installed?

# dpkg --get-selections

> and how to list them in a certain order like from oldest to newest?

What makes one package older than another one? Time since installation
on your system? Logging this information is a pretty much requested
feature and several approaches have been posted here. At least I think,
I didn't bother to read all of them. ;-)

> This could be very covenient since I don't have much disk space. I'd
> like to uninstall as many packages as possible along with its
> dependencies.

You may also want to take a look at debfoster and deborphan.

J.
--
I am not scared of death but terrified of people in Tommy Hilfiger
sweatshirts.