Problems Mounting Digital Camera

Hi folks,

I'm trying to mount my Sony DSC-P93 in order to trasfer my pics to my
box. I've tried some ways but it didn't work such as installing
hotplug and usb* packages. gtkam also didn't work. I've installed
gphoto2 but I didn't test it still. All the time I plug the usb cable
into the cam the following error message appear on my console:
"hub.c new USB device 00.04-2.2 assign address 2
usb.c usb device 2 (vendor/prod 0x54c/0x10) is not claimed by any active driver"

Moreover, my kernel is the following:
2.4.27-2-k7

I remember I could mount it in another box running Debian.
Could please somebody help me to fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Romulo Sousa