Re: Problems seeing USB mp3 player... any help?

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:31:47PM -0400, Paul Smith wrote:

>     http://www.rave-mp.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=AMP256

> According to everything I can find, you don't need any special drivers.
> For example, it says that in Windows >98SE you don't need to install
> anything, it just works.
>
> Because of this, I'm ass-u-me-ing it uses a standard filesystem/etc.

Seemingly not so.  Presumably that just means Windows ships with the
appropriate driver.

However:

http://www.world.co.uk/sba/ravemp.html

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/6.2/cpan/i386/perl-Audio-RaveMP-0.04-6.i386.html
(presumably obtainable directly from CPAN but that's the first link my
search found)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ravempgui/

This stuff looks pretty obsolete.

None appear to be packaged for Debian.  At least one other effort seems to
have been abandoned due to DMCA fears.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.