Re: Moving Debian Installation from Intel Celeron to Mobile AMD Sempron

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:39:08PM +0530, Deepak, R. (Masatran, R.) wrote:
> I am using Debian "testing" on an Intel Celeron desktop. I intend to buy a
> Mobile AMD Sempron laptop, to which I will move the Debian installation.
>
> For installation, should I use the "i386" binaries or should I use something
> else?
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Debian on Mobile AMD Sempron (or on
> similar AMD processors)?

I once moved from a Pentium Pro to a VIA Cyrix-based CPU.  Choosing the
generic i386 will ensure that everything works at first.  Then you can
take the time to pick a more optimized kernel.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr