Re: fortune bug ?

Le mardi 31 mai 2005 à 19:54 +0700, Dave Patterson a écrit :

> > I consider fortune to be the most important unix app ever written
>
> So do I (well, at least one of the most). Let us know what you did to fix it.

The crappy string is in fortune.c (stupid programmers !!) :

/*
 * is_existant:
 * 	Return TRUE if the file exists, FALSE otherwise.
 */
int is_existant(char *file)
{
    struct stat staat;

    if (stat(file, &staat) == 0)
	return TRUE;
    switch(errno)
    {
	case ENOENT:
	case ENOTDIR:
	    return FALSE;
	default:
	    perror("fortune: bad juju in is_existant");
	    exit(1);
    }
}

It is only called from add_file which add files ... I guess to the list
of fortune files ...

The whole source is an abomination btw :-/

Do someone knows a tool to expose the call graph of a C program ?

Thanks,
Aurélien.

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com