Re: fortune bug ?

Le mardi 31 mai 2005 à 11:59 +0100, Lee Braiden a écrit :
> > It's a real error.
> >
> > It is not corrected even by purging/reinstalling the package.
>
> Ahh.  Are you in the games group?  If not, that's probably why.
>
> If so, check the permissions of fortune's data files (dpkg -L fortunes-data,
> or something like that should help).  If installing an older fortunes-data
> file from debian's pool helps, the current package probably installs files
> with incorrect permissions.
>
> Can't think of much else, sorry.

I wasn't in the games group, but even if I put myself in (and, *yes*
logging again) it remains unworking.

I'll check the permissions later, when I have more time on my hands ...

I consider fortune to be the most important unix app ever written but
fortunately I can do my boring work without it.

Aurélien.

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com