Re: MySQL Performance Woody Vs Sarge

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 09:53:53PM -0600, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Roberto C. Sanchez:
> > On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 12:39:25PM +1200, Simon wrote:
> > >
> > > How do i start figuing out this issue?
> >
> > Step 1.  Switch to Postgres.
>
> Life's far too short to waste time reading replies like that.

Why.  I was serious.  He has a database that is approaching 1 million
records.  MySQL simply does not perform as well with large databases.
Thus, the most logical thing to do to increase performance of the
database is to switch to a better one.

Now, other folks in this thread have suggested potential hardware
tweaks.  If those work, then great.  If not, then I think the next best
thing to do for performance is to use a DB that was designed to handle
larger amounts of data like that.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez