Re: display problem?

On 30/05/05 19:06 kenny B wrote:
Yes, Console is fine. only the GUI

On 5/29/05, Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:

On 29/05/05 18:06&nbsp;kenny B wrote:

I've just done a new installation....

On 5/28/05, Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:

On 28/05/05 22:10&nbsp;kenny B wrote:

Hi. i need to know if my problem with my display settings or with
RAM (or other). my problem is: I must move my cursor around to
get things to show up. they dont "refresh" automatically. if its
is the display, could someone tell me how to change the settings?
thanks.

did this just start happening on a system that worked fine
previously? or have you just done a new installation?

you mean in the gui right? Console is ok?

First thing to check is that you've got the right video driver, although getting the wrong one would be far more likely to not work at all rather than do some foobar stuff with the picture.

What video chipset do you have? If you don't know, run lspci.

And paste in what you've got in your /etc/X11/XFConfig-86 in your video driver section. It should correspond to what you really have.

Mine is:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "NVidia"
        Driver          "nv"
EndSection

The screen section should also be set up properly. You might need to look in your monitor handbook. How did you originally set up this config then? What choices did you make?

You can run

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

to be hand-held thro it.

Adam