Re: i810 and Direct Rendering X11

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 18:04, Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:
> Check the permissions on /dev/dri/card0 (or similar).  You should have
> one of these two blocks in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as described here:
> http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/DRI6.html#10
>
> # All users get full access
> Section "DRI"
> 	Mode "0666"
> EndSection

This is the section I have in my XF86Config-4 file.

I also checked the permissions on /dev/dri (775, owned by root.video and
my user is in the video group). /dev/dri/card0 is 666. So my user should
have full access to read and write to both the directory and the
specific device. However I still do not seem to have direct rendering
turned on.

--
 o)      Derek Wueppelmann                 (o
(D .       monkey@monkeynet.ca              D).