Re: i810 and Direct Rendering X11

On 5/26/05, Derek The Monkey Wueppelmann <monkey@monkeynet.ca> wrote:
> So I've been trying to get my i810 card to enable direct rendering. I
> have it so now when X starts up it says that Direct Rendering is
> enabled, however glxinfo says that it is not enabled. Any suggestions? I
> can post both the output of glxinfo and the log from the startup of
> XFree.

My i810 will only work on 16 bit depth, so maybe your in another
depth.  Also, try glxgears to test it .. should be about 100 fps
normally and 300+ when accelerated.

> --
>  o)      Derek Wueppelmann                 (o

It might also help to display your actual XFree86 and the glxinfo and
glxgears output.

BTW, my impression is that 16 bit depth gives up too much resolution
for me to use it for normal use.  So, if not playing games, I'm back
to 24 bit depth.

hacker