Re: VPN server recommendation

On Monday 30 May 2005 16:06, Chavdar Videff wrote:
> At our site we have to establish a secure VPN to a partner site in order to
> interconnect our subnetworks. On both sides we have Linux routers.
>
> A fellow administrator suggested that we used OpenVPN.
> The only VPN I have heard about is Poptop.
>
> Is OpenVPN a good choice? Are there better alternatives?

I've never done it myself, but shorewall includes support for VPNs, along with
making a lot of the firewall NAT, and TOS stuff much easier.  If you want a
solution that will (or could) cover all those things without getting
confusing, it might be worth a look.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.