Re: Webmail options in sid

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 11:58:58AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Is there any web mail packages out there that are comparable to mutt or
> kmail when it comes to features and functionality?  Some of my users can't
> set an MUA up on their own...

I am personally a big fan of Horde and IMP.  It is very scalable and
Horde provides a framework that can be used by lots of applications
(many of which are also packaged for Debian).

Take a look at the Horde projects page [0] for a complete list.  The
apps that are packaged for Debian are currently:

For the old Horde framework (version 2):
IMP (mail), Kronolith (calendar), Mnemo (notes), Nag (tasks), Sork
(account management) and Turba (contacts).

For the new Horde framework (version 3):
All of the above (except for Sork), and additionally Chora (RCS, CVS,
subversion viewer) and Ingo (mail filters).

Personally, I am partial to Horde (specifically the horde3 package) for
when I have nothing but a web browser to access my mail.  I also
maintain the chora2 package for the horde3 framework, so I may be a bit
biased.  I also intend to package some of the other apps once they make
stable releases (the presentation app and news reader, for example).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr