Sarge/Exim4: Precedence of /etc/aliases?

Hi,

I have a stock Sarge install for which I am trying to setup exim4.

However, things are not behaving as expected.

In /etc/aliases I have:

  root: me
  me: me@yahoo.com

On the box, I have run "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config", selecting:

 * Split configuration into small files: "No"
 * General type of mail configuration: "internet site; mail
     is sent and received directly using SMTP"
 * System mail name: "mydomain.com"
 * IP-addresses to listen on for incoming SMTP connections:
    "127.0.0.1"
 * Other destinations for which mail is accepted: ""
 * Domains to relay mail for: ""
 * Machines to relay mail for: ""
 * Keep number of DNS-queries minimal (Dial-on-Demand):"Yes"

Basically, I want the box to deliver mail directly. I want all mail for local accounts to arrive at me@yahoo.com.

However, when I run "mail root" on the box, exim decides the mail is for "root@mydomain.com", rather than me@yahoo.com (as I have specified in aliases).

I suspect this has something to do with the precedence/priority of the aliases file?

Any pointers would be appreciated,

Thanks,
dev.random

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com