Re: interesting boot problem

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 01:17:08AM +0300, Serkan Calis wrote:
> Ok. Here is the story. I have Debian Sarge CDs. I can boot the first
> cd on my laptop and install Debian easily. But when i want to boot
> that cd with my old pc which is P2 i cant boot it. But, i can boot
> other distro's cds with that machine, Slackware and Knoppix is an
> exapmle. So i cant figure out where is the problem. I copied the cd
> and try, but no solution. I have a CDrom which is SONY and CD-WR which
> is ASUS. I cant boot the cd by using both of them. This is so
> interesting and i cant find any suggustion.

Are you using Windows on your pc?  Can you read the contents of the
CD?  I'm not sure about this, but there may be a file "loadlin.exe"
in the "install" directory and if you run this you might be able
to install debian.  But don't blame me if your computer blows up.

Good luck,
David

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)