Re: Not able to start X

I already tried that and still does not work. If I try loadind X I get an error saying:

Fatal server error:
no screens found

At 16:14 26/05/2005, you wrote:
Software Development Group wrote:
startx did not work. The monitor blaked out and just came back again with an error. I run dpkg-reconfigure xdm and selected xdm. It came back to the command line saying System startup links for /etc/init.d/xdm already exists.
Try "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86".

(Please do not reply privately; keep the discussion on-list so that others may add their input and/or others may benefit from the exchange, such as via the mail list archives months from now.)

--
Kent West
Technology Support