Two IDEs - KDE and Gnome

I had two machines, one had KDE on it, and the other had Gnome. Now, I want to put both
the hard drives in one machine. I have already recompiled the kernel for the hard drive
that I want to install. But I did so by temporarily disconnecting the existing hard
drive.

Now, I want to have both on-line, with an option to boot either of the two. I have grub
installed at present.

my other question is how to mount various drives (root, home, usr etc...) Because when
booting from one hdd, i would need only the home partition of the other hdd. Any
suggestions how to do this..